Financing Insurance Workplace Legal issues Name choice Name change Driver’s license Birth certificate Passport Marriage Will Other documents
Hair removal Voice Facial feminization Hair loss Reproduction Hormones Orchiectomy Vaginoplasty Breast implants Injected silicone Breast forms Movement Tall clothing Skin care Makeup Handwriting
Teresa Binstock and transkids.us hoaxer Kiira Triea
Teresa Christine Binstock is a 64-year-old independent researcher based in Colorado. She has connections to Kiira Triea (aka Denise Tree), the 57-year-old owner and author of the transkids.us hoax site.
Binstock is founder of the Institute for Molecular Introspections and says she has a bachelors degree in Mathematics as well as minors in physics, chemistry, creative writing, literature, and philosophy. Binstock says she was accepted into 3 graduate departments, changed direction, then went into making a living at art. She says she conducted 8 years of Independent Research at University of Colorado Health Science Center (UCHSC) and The Children's Hospital in Denver, where her mentors were psychiatrist Gordon Farley, MD and pediatrician Randi Hagerman, MD, a Fragile X syndrome specialist.
In 1998 Binstock co-authored a paper with Triea and Heike Bödeker (aka Heike Spreitzer). Though she was cited as a co-author initially, in later versions of the artcle, Binstock's name was dropped from author list.
Binstock has been cited by those who propose a genetic cause for transsexualism as well. The Council for Responsible Genetics has cited Binstock's paper  in their Genetic Determinism and Sexual Orientation bibliography. They monitor abuses of genetics via Gene Watch.
Binstock has stated she was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome by UCHSC post-doc fellow Cynthia Naseem Ahmed Smith, M.D., "who presented me and two other Aspies at a Grand Rounds at USHSC in 1997."  Binstock frequently publishes on the topic of autism and Asperger's.
Though Binstock has not publicly acknowledged she is transgender, there is evidence that she is. One book describes her thus:
To my knowledge, Binstock has not claimed to be intersex, though some of her writings support the model that gender variance is related to intersex.
Above: Teresa C. Binstock (second from left).
2. For a citation with Binstock's name included, see Gerds, Heike (2004). Living Beyond the Gender Trap: Concepts of Gender and Sexual Expression Envisioned by Marge Piercy, Cherríe Moraga and Leslie Feinberg. Shaker, ISBN 9783832233594. Note, p. 247.
4. Binstock, T (2001). An immune hypothesis of sexual orientation. Medical Hypotheses. 2001 Nov;57(5):583-90. Elsevier.
5. Triea, Kiira (February 21, 2000). Re: TS/IS dynamics. alt.support.srs
6. Turner, W.J., M.D (February 3, 2004). The Genetic Origin of Asexuality, Homosexuality, Transvestism, and Transsexuality. (PDF) GID Journal.
8. Diamond, Milton; Teresa Binstock; James V. Kohl (1996). From fertilization to adult sexual behavior. Hormones and Behavior.
10.Binstock TC (May 11, 1997). Changing the autism paradigm: a critique of Kemper & Bauman's speculations regarding in-utero timing" Bit.listserv.autism, (posts 13491, 13493, 13494, 13495, and 13496). See Autism Research Monographs,
11. Bernard S, Enayati A, Roger H, Binstock T, Redwood L. The role of mercury in the pathogenesis of autism. Mol Psychiatry. 2002;7 Suppl 2:S42-3.
12. Bernard S, Enayati A, Redwood L, Roger H, Binstock T. Autism: a novel form of mercury poisoning. Med Hypotheses. 2001 Apr;56(4):462-71.
13. Binstock T (2001). Intra-monocyte pathogens delineate autism subgroups. Med Hypotheses. 2001 Apr;56(4):523-31.
14. Binstock, T (2001). Anterior insular cortex: linking intestinal pathology and brain function in autism-spectrum subgroups. Medical Hypotheses. 2001 Dec;57(6):714-7.
16. McCandless, Jaquelyn; Teresa Binstock; Jack Zimmerman (2002). Children with starving brains: A Medical Treatment Guide for Autism Specrum. Bramble Books. Binstock worked as science editor on the book.